Rules of Play
- We are a soft spike facility. Soft spikes or spikeless shoes are only permitted on the courses. No sneakers are permitted.
- Appropriate golf attire shall be worn at all times on the golf courses and practice areas.
- Cutoff shorts, gym shorts, beachwear, denim jeans or denim shorts, t-shirts and halter or tank tops are not appropriate attire.
- Nemacolin reserves the right to pair groups of two to maximize foursomes on the golf course. Play of more than four golfers per group will not be permitted.
- Carry-on coolers are prohibited. All refreshments must be purchased from Nemacolin Woodlands Resort.
- Use of the golf courses are limited to individuals 18 years and older; however, minors may play if accompanied by an adult.
- Golf cart drivers must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
What is the cart path rule for the day?
Each morning, the golf course Superintendent will determine whether or not we will be able to drive our golf carts out onto the fairways. Please contact the Golf Pro Shop at 724.329.6455 in the morning to determine any restrictions.
I am handicapped and would like to have a handicap flag, what do I do? What does the handicap flag allow me to do?
We require a written doctor's note or disability card in order to obtain a handicap flag. Golf carts with handicap flags will be allowed the following guidelines:
- Players may drive carts inside cart paths but please return carts to the paths at the cart posts.
- Players may not drive closer than 20 yards from any green or fairway bunker.
- Carts must remain on the cart path in restricted areas. Such as par threes and holes designated “Cart Path Only."
Each morning the course superintendent will determine whether or not handicap flags will be allowed for the day.
What is the pace of play for each course?
Pace of play is between 4 hours, 20 minutes based on weather and cart rule for the day. We also will add an additional 30 minutes to the round if we are cart path only.
Does Nemacolin have GPS installed on the carts?
Yes. All golf carts are equipped with GPS units for a much more enjoyable round of golf. Track the distance to each pin, order food, alert the beverage cart and message the pro shop with our technologically advanced Visage GPS system. Additionally, Mystic Rock has its own smartphone app for download (Search Best Approach on your smartphone for a list of golf course apps).
Can I bring a cooler filled with my own drinks and food to the golf course?
No, coolers and outside food and drinks are not permitted.
Are rental clubs available?
Yes, rental sets are available in Men's and Ladie's right hand and left hand.
How do I book a tee time?
Tee times can be booked by calling the pro shop at 724.329.6455.
Can I rent a golf cart during my stay to drive around property?
No, golf carts cannot be rented. Nemacolin has a select number of carts that are needed for tee times.
If I have two juniors who do not have a driver's license, how do I handle the golf cart situation?
If two juniors, neither of which possess a valid driver’s license, are accompanying an adult during a round of golf then one junior will need to walk. It is our recommendation to alternate holes for each junior to walk or find an additional adult to fill the fourth player in a group. Cart drivers must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Can we leave our clubs at the golf course during our stay at Nemacolin?
Yes, we will be happy to store your clubs during the entire duration of your stay. All clubs will be safely locked into our bag storage room at the end of each day. We will also gladly transport clubs depending on your tee time schedule.
How long did Nemacolin Woodlands host the 84 Lumber Classic?
2003 - 2006
Who were the winners of each tournament?
2003 - J.L. Lewis | 2004 - Vijay Singh | 2005 - Jason Gore | 2006 - Ben Curtis
Are golf memberships available?
Yes, memberships are available. Please Click Here for or more information.
How do I plan a golf event?
For information regarding hosting a golf fundraiser, a corporate outing or a large group of friends, please fill out a Request For Proposal online or contact Ron Leporati at 724.329.6381 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.