Rules of Play
- Caddies are required until twilight hours.
- We are a soft spike facility. Soft spikes or spikeless shoes are only permitted on the courses. No sneakers are permitted.
- Appropriate golf attire shall be worn at all times on the golf courses and practice areas.
- Cutoff shorts, gym shorts, beachwear, denim jeans or denim shorts, t-shirts and halter or tank tops are not appropriate attire.
- Nemacolin reserves the right to pair groups of two to maximize foursomes on the golf course. Play of more than four golfers per group will not be permitted.
- Carry-on coolers are prohibited. All refreshments must be purchased from Nemacolin Woodlands Resort.
- Use of the golf courses are limited to individuals 18 years and older; however, minors may play if accompanied by an adult.
- Golf cart drivers must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
What is the cart path rule for the day?
Each morning, the golf course Superintendent will determine whether or not we will be able to drive our golf carts out onto the fairways. Please contact the Golf Pro Shop at 724.329.6455 in the morning to determine any restrictions.
I am handicapped and would like to have a handicap flag, what do I do? What does the handicap flag allow me to do?
We require a written doctors note or disability card in order to obtain a handicap flag. Golf carts with handicap flags will be allowed the following guidelines:
- Players may drive carts inside cart paths but please return carts to the paths at the cart posts.
- Players may not drive closer than 10 yards from any green or fairway bunker.
- Carts must remain on the cart path in restricted areas. Such as par threes and holes designated “Cart Path Only."
Each morning the course superintendent will determine whether or not handicap flags will be allowed for the day.
What is the pace of play for each course?
Pace of play is between 4 to 4½ hours. We also will add an additional 30 minutes to the round if we are cart path only.
Are caddies available for our round of golf?
Absolutely. Expertly trained forecaddies and walking caddies are available to enhance your golf experience during your time with us. Caddies are mandatory on both courses except for twilight tee times. Not only will you enjoy your experience that much more, but you will shoot a better score. Caddies give yardages, read the greens, clean clubs, track the golf ball's flight, rake sand traps, fix ball marks, fill divots and direct you through the course. For more information, please contact the Golf Pro Shop at 724.329.6455.
Does Nemacolin have GPS installed on the carts?
Yes. All golf carts are equipped with GPS units for a much more enjoyable round of golf. Track the distance to each pin, order food, alert the beverage cart and message the pro shop with our technologically advanced Visage GPS system. Additionally, Mystic Rock has its own smartphone app for download (Search Best Approach on your smartphone for a list of golf course apps).
Can I bring a cooler filled with my own drinks and food to the golf course?
No, coolers and outside food and drinks are not permitted with the exception of bottled water.
Are rental clubs available?
Yes, rental sets are available in Mens right hand, left hand and Ladies.
Are lessons available at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort?
Yes, Nemacolin hosts one of the teaching facilities in the country. The Nemacolin Golf Academy offers a unique blend of golf instruction, club fitting and technology designed exclusively to help your game. The TrackMan® Golf Radar Solution provides our professional instructors with a state-of-the-art diagnostic tool that will measure everything in your swing as well as everything about the flight of your golf ball. From club and ball speed, distance, launch angles and spin rate, to swing plane, angle of attack, swing path and club face delivery, there is no aspect of your game or equipment we will not address. And all you have to do is hit balls and leave the rest to us! To schedule an appointment or for more information, please dial 724.329.6420.
How do I book a tee time?
Tee times can be booked by calling the pro shop at 724.329.6455.
Can I rent a golf cart during my stay to drive around property?
No, golf carts cannot be rented. Nemacolin has a select number of carts that are needed for tee times.
If I have two juniors who do not have a driver's license, how do I handle the golf cart situation?
If two juniors, neither of which possess a valid driver’s license, are accompanying an adult during a round of golf then one junior will need to walk. It is our recommendation to alternate holes for each junior to walk or find an additional adult to fill the fourth player in a group. Cart drivers must be at least 16 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Can we leave our clubs at the golf course during our stay at Nemacolin?
Yes, we will be happy to store your clubs during the entire duration of your stay. All clubs will be safely locked into our bag storage room at the end of each day. We will also gladly transport clubs depending on your tee time schedule.
How long did Nemacolin Woodlands host the 84 Lumber Classic?
2003 - 2006
Who were the winners of each tournament?
2003 - J.L. Lewis | 2004 - Vijay Singh | 2005 - Jason Gore | 2006 - Ben Curtis
Are golf memberships available?
Yes, memberships are available. Please Click Here for or more information.
How do I plan a golf event?
For information regarding hosting a golf fundraiser, a corporate outing or a large group of friends, please fill out a Request For Proposal online or contact a Nemacolin Woodlands Resort National Sales Agent at 724.329.6154 or e-mail [email protected].